Amy B. Van Fossen, Esq. Attorney / Owner
Amy B. Van Fossen established The Law Office of Amy B. Van Fossen P.A. (formerly The Law Office of Amy B. Jackson P.A.) in 2004. Amy was born and raised in southeastern Ohio and has two daughters, Katie and Savannah, who both share her passion for our elder community. Savannah provides medical care to the elder community as an RN. Katie is a second-generation attorney, chairing the Probate, Medicaid & VA departments at the Law Office of Amy B. Van Fossen, P.A.
Ms. Van Fossen received her undergraduate degree in Organizational Behavior from Rollins College and earned her JD from Barry University School of Law in 2003. She is licensed to practice in Florida. Her firm practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Case Management, Guardianship, Probate and Trust Administration, VA Planning, Medicaid Planning, Trust Funding, and Civil Litigation.
Ms. Van Fossen is accredited by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the preparation and presentation of Aid and Attendance claims, making her one of the few VA accredited attorneys in Brevard County.
Ms. Van Fossen is a member of the Florida Bar Association; the Brevard County Bar Association; Elder Counsel; American Business Women’s Association; and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Amy’s personal interests involve our community’s youth, supporting those with special needs, and the rescue of animals. Locally, Ms. Van Fossen serves her community in each of these areas. Amy is an Emeritus member of the Board of Directors for Club Esteem, a youth organization with a mission to “inspire youth from economically disadvantaged communities to embrace the highest standards of academic and personal excellence.” (Mission Statement for Club Esteem) Amy also has a strong Business Partnership with Brevard County Schools, supporting our students through professional counseling and local sponsorship. One of her favorite adventures has been the sponsorship of a race car driver, 16-year old Garrett Manes, who is working to achieve his dream while living with Autism. Her efforts extend to supporting many of our local animal shelters through events, fundraising and adoption advocacy.
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2004
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. – 2003
- Rollins College
- B.A. – 1996
- Honors: summa cum laude
- VA Aid and Attendance, 2012
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2022 – Best of the Best Space Coast – Category: Best Attorney – Real Estate / Estate Planning
- 2021 – Martindale-Hubbell Gold Client Champion
- 2020 – Best of the Space Coast – Category: Best Law Firm / Lawyer
- 2016 – Brevard Public Schools – Business Partner of the Year
- 1996 – Who’s Who in American College Students
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar Association
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Elder Counsel
- Florida State Guardianship Association
- Brevard Association for Human Services
- Emeritus Board of Directors – Club Esteem
- American Business Women’s Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Brevard County Community Board – Seacoast Bank
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Legg Mason Wood Walker, Financial Advisor, 1997 to 2000
- Florida Today, Retail Account Rep, 1996 to 1997
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Business Partnership with Brevard County Public Schools
- Advocate – Halo Rescue / Aloha Rescue
- Sponsor – Garett Manes