Let us Help You Navigate the Court System
Civil litigation encompasses a broad range of disputes. Proving fault or negligence and demonstrating the extent of damages or injury can be a challenge. Effective legal counseling affords clients the opportunity to make more informed decisions on whether to litigate or settle disputes; and, if litigated, how to properly prepare the case for trial. But more importantly, we can help you to avoid costly litigation in the future…with proper planning now!
Avoid the expensive mistakes commonly made by those who go it alone. The attorneys at Amy B. Van Fossen, P.A. offer effective representation for civil matters, including negotiations, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and trials.
FAQs of Civil Litigation
How Does Representation Work?
The attorneys at The Law Office of Amy B. Van Fossen, P.A. begin with realistic counseling of clients prior to the institution of and throughout the litigation process. This process begins with an investigation and evaluation of a client’s claims or defenses, and an analysis of our client’s rights, duties and obligations.
Once it is determined that civil litigation would be appropriate, the process proceeds with conducting the discovery required to properly prepare or defend the case, filing and/or responding to the complaint, and negotiating a settlement or taking the case to court. Sometimes litigation is expensive and is not in our client’s best interest; we will advise you of that as well.
What can you help me with?
While we are the premier elder law firm, many of our litigation cases involve the following types of litigation, including but are not limited to:
- Preserving Beneficiary Rights
- Enforcement of trust or estate plans
- Guardianship disputes
- Will Contests due to Undue Influence and Lack of Testamentary Capacity
- Appointment of Emergency Temporary Guardians of Person and Property
- Probate Administration
- Trust Reformation and Termination
- Tortious Interference with Expectancy of Inheritance
- Breach of Power of Attorney
- Probate and Trust Accounting Disputes
- Elective Share and Surviving Spouse Rights
- Exploitation of Elderly or Vulnerable Adult
- Determination of Incapacity Proceedings
- Administration of simple and complex Florida trusts
- Identity Theft
- Elder Abuse
- Elder Law Litigation